Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Went to Albies last night and scored on alot of deals. I bought more pie crusts and simply cookie dough. Im thinking about the holidays and all the school holiday parties to come, and with 4 kids thats alot of baking! I love this time of year, the smells of the holidays, the colors, changing seasons and the crisp air outside. My trip last night was a interesting one. Didnt know what to buy, my husband was asking what do you need to buy...we have tons! So I went and looked around and decided to buy more pie crusts... i will need to find recipes for pie crust (I have 16)! Chicken pot pie maybe? I shopped the general mills promo again the buy $25 and recieve $10 back. anyhoo this is what I bought in 1 transaction. 4 pillsbury pie crust, used (2)$1/2 and 6 pillsbury simply cookie dough. Used (4)$1/1 and (2) $.55/1, I also used 3 doublers. I also used a $10 catalina, and a $2 survey. OOP before tax I spent $2.90 for all of that! I also got my $10 catalina back so it was like the store paid me to shop there! Thats like .29 a item! This is why I love coupons! My second transaction was kinda goofy, so I wondered aimlessly (spell check :)! and looked through my binder wondering what to buy....again. so I bought some progresso soup also on the GM promo. I bought 12 cans and used (2) $1.10/3, (3) .25/1, and (1) .50/2. I also got 2 more simply cookie doughs and 2 silk soy chocolate milks used (2) .75/1 and a V8 fusion juice used a $1.25/1. I also used 3 doublers and a $10 catalina and a $3 catalina. So OOP before tax it was $13.28 thats like .78 an item! For both transactions I saved a total of $73.95 that is a huge savings! Oh yeah! Apparently their catalina machine was down and they couldnt give me another $10 catalina. They said Icould wait 15 untill the company called them back, but there was no guarantee that it would be fixed, so I just gave them my name and number and they said if it got fixed they would let me know. I figured i saved enough this week so oh well! But if I would have gotten that $10 back I would have sweetened my second transaction. Oh well you win some you lose some...I figured I won alot this week, so no biggie! Love, drea

1 comment:

  1. whats an Albies? I want to go!!!
    Im having a giveaway at my blog if your interested in checking it out! littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete